Account Manager - Simply Valet & Drexel
Drexel is a true Canadian success story, calling London, Ontario our home town since 2011.
We’re a wholesale distribution and third-party logistics (3PL) service provider with a strong core of strategic partners. Our specialties are retail and telecommunications distribution, and e‑commerce fulfilment. Drexel connects Canadian homes to products and services that make modern life possible.
Our partners include tier one brands such as Amazon, Bell, Best Buy, Canadian Tire, Costco, Home Depot, London Drugs, Lowes, Rogers, Staples and Walmart, to name just a few.
We offer all employees a safe, supportive working environment where everyone feels comfortable and valued in their jobs. As a Drexel employee you have the opportunity to develop your own potential, and we believe in promoting from within. We’re growing! And as we grow, we want our employees to grow too, by learning new skills and taking on new challenges.
Our philosophy is that our company is only successful when its employees are successful, and we want you to love coming to work. We encourage entrepreneurial spirit and reward loyalty and performance. We know our people are our biggest asset, and we’re always on the lookout for more energetic, motivated and committed people to join our team.
We look forward to meeting you!
Drexel is looking for an Account Manager to join our team. This is a new role developing due to growth.
A combined role, reporting to the Director of Operations and working in tandem with Operations Managers. Oversee daily operations for Simply Valet storage, located on site at Drexel Industries. Manage corporate customer accounts for Drexel Industries 3PL. Provide strong customer service across all channels.
What you do in this role
- Work closely with the Operations, Digital and Accounting Teams to effectively run the day to day business.
- Provide ongoing assistance to clients in their use of storage spaces.
- Troubleshoot customer issues.
- Manage Simply Valet staff and day to day workload and operations
- Regularly monitor the property, equipment and rental units and ensure the property remains clean and organized.
- Update client accounts.
- Collect and prepare information for reporting.
- Assists the Property Manager in reaching the facilities individual merchandise, occupancy and delinquency goals and promotes Public Storage best practices.
- Controls delinquencies through regular phone contact, notifications, including email and letters.
- Coordinate customer onboarding including: customer creation, portal rollout and training, billing wizard setup, customer education, EDI integration, carrier setups, items setups.
- Create SOP’s, KPI’s, reporting metrics and schedules, work instructions and training program with the Manager of Operations to educate the Operations and Warehouse Teams.
- Hold customer conference calls monthly, at a minimum, to review customer results, issues, streamlining processes, etc.
- Work with the Operations team to ensure customer service and quality control.
What you need to be successful
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in person and on the phone
- Proficient computer skills (WMS/ERP, EDI, MS-Office, keyboarding and internet savvy)
- Minimum 3 years experience in Account Management, Storage Management or Warehouse Operations Management
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Problem solving and critical thinking abilities and experience
- Staff Management and HR experience an advantage
What Drexel offers you as a team member
Drexel offers a competitive salary according to your experience.
- $40,000 – $65,000 per year
- Paid vacation time
- Benefits package, including dental, prescription and extended health benefits
- Comfortable work environment
- Positive, collaborative atmosphere
|Job type:||Full-time, permanent|
|Hours:||Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Some overtime may be required
|Office address:||100 Kellogg Lane, London, Ontario|
Sound like you? Here's how to apply
Please send an email with your resume and cover letter in one file to the attention of Kurt Strikwerda, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the title of the role in your subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining Drexel, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your information was successfully submitted