Drexel is a true Canadian success story, calling London, Ontario our home town since 2011.
We’re a wholesale distribution and third-party logistics (3PL) service provider with a strong core of strategic partners. Our specialties are retail and telecommunications distribution, and e‑commerce fulfilment. Drexel connects Canadian homes to products and services that make modern life possible.
Our partners include tier one brands such as Amazon, Bell, Best Buy, Canadian Tire, Costco, Home Depot, London Drugs, Lowes, Rogers, Staples and Walmart, to name just a few.
We offer all employees a safe, supportive working environment where everyone feels comfortable and valued in their jobs. As a Drexel employee you have the opportunity to develop your own potential, and we believe in promoting from within. We’re growing! And as we grow, we want our employees to grow too, by learning new skills and taking on new challenges.
Our philosophy is that our company is only successful when its employees are successful, and we want you to love coming to work. We encourage entrepreneurial spirit and reward loyalty and performance. We know our people are our biggest asset, and we’re always on the lookout for more energetic, motivated and committed people to join our team.
We look forward to meeting you!
Drexel is looking for an Accounting Manager to join our team.
We are looking for an energetic, motivated, and committed individual to join our accounting team. The facility is located at 100 Kellogg Lane in London, Ontario. This position requires candidates who pay close attention to detail to ensure that shipping discrepancies do not occur and that the guidelines and needs of the customers are met. The daily workload is oriented around order volume, appointments, and requested delivery dates for all shipments.
What you do in this role
- Gathers month-end reporting; assists with year end audits; ensuring completeness and accuracy
- Reviews A/R and A/P deductions and chargebacks to ensure they are accurate.
- Reviews daily customer and vendor entries for higher complexity accounts.
- Prepares customer and vendor account analysis (profitability, & etc.).
- Prepares inventory reconciliation and provision
- Performs balance sheet and income statement analysis, monitor, and reconcile general ledger accounts, review, prepare and record journal entries
- Creates detailed, organized, and efficient excel schedules to support account balances, analysis, or adjustments
- Works as team with others in the accounting, operations, and sales departments and with the Chief Financial Officer to develop and improve business reporting
- Performs accounting analysis for complex transactions and/or new accounting standards & amendments
- Monitors and continuously develops internal controls
- Reviews and prepare duty drawback claims, and work with our external duty consultants
- Prepares sales tax filings
- Provides innovative recommendations on improving current processes.
- Ensures compliance with legal requirements by keeping up to date with current legislation
- Prepares and maintains documents/files required for annual external, tax & bank audits
- Participates in special projects and other accounting functions and analysis as necessary, including system conversions, due diligence, and merchandise reporting
- Provides support to team members by coaching, mentoring, feedback, & training
- Abides by Company human resources and health & safety policies:
- Other ad hoc duties assigned.
What you need to be successful
- 5 years experience in a similar role or with public or industry accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business; CPA designation is preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel skills (ex. PivotTables, conditional formatting, complex nested formulas, & etc.)
- Microsoft Dynamics Navision (NAV) 2016 strongly preferred
- Exceptional ability to deconstruct and analyze information relevant to financial analysis
- Well-organized and highly detail oriented, but able to see the big picture
- A self-starter; willing to take initiative, driven, has a sense of urgence
- Able to work in a fast-paced accounting department in the wholesale distribution and 3PL environment
- Ability to work independently using sound judgement, but with a supportive team in place for assistance
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Acts with integrity; Resilient; Possess high emotional intelligence
- Resourceful, energetic, and strong work ethic
- Team Player
- Conducive to change
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and oral.
- ***During the interview process, candidates may be required to complete a short Excel advanced exercise.
Successful candidates will need to successfully complete the following clearances
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
- Education Verification
What Drexel offers you as a team member
Drexel offers a competitive hourly rate according to your experience, along with a benefits package.
- Salary dependent on work experience.
- Benefits package, including dental, prescription and extended health benefits
|Job type:||Full-time, permanent|
|Hours:||Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Some overtime required
|Office address:||351 Eleanor Street, London, Ontario|
Sound like you? Here's how to apply
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining Drexel, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Drexel team.
Your information was successfully submitted