Customer Service Operations Manager
Drexel is a true Canadian success story, calling London, Ontario our home town since 2011.
We’re a wholesale distribution and third-party logistics (3PL) service provider with a strong core of strategic partners. Our specialties are retail and telecommunications distribution, and e‑commerce fulfilment. Drexel connects Canadian homes to products and services that make modern life possible.
Our partners include tier one brands such as Amazon, Bell, Best Buy, Canadian Tire, Costco, Home Depot, London Drugs, Lowes, Rogers, Staples and Walmart, to name just a few.
We offer all employees a safe, supportive working environment where everyone feels comfortable and valued in their jobs. As a Drexel employee you have the opportunity to develop your own potential, and we believe in promoting from within. We’re growing! And as we grow, we want our employees to grow too, by learning new skills and taking on new challenges.
Our philosophy is that our company is only successful when its employees are successful, and we want you to love coming to work. We encourage entrepreneurial spirit and reward loyalty and performance. We know our people are our biggest asset, and we’re always on the lookout for more energetic, motivated and committed people to join our team.
We look forward to meeting you!
Drexel is looking for a Customer Service Operations Manager to join our team.
What you do in this role
- On-Board new 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) customers, including:
- Transition the newly signed customers from the sales team to the operations team once an agreement has been completed.
- Summarize 3PL Agreements once signed by the customer as completed by the sales team and upload to Drexel’s network. Maintain contract renewal lifecycle.
- Work with Drexel’s accounting department to validate customer background checks prior to creating a customer setup in Drexel’s Executive Reporting Program (ERP).
- Host on-boarding call to introduce the customer’s employees to Drexel’s various departments and educate the customer on processes and procedures and contacts.
- Setup customers within the Warehouse Management System (WMS) which includes but is not limited to retailer IDs, SKUs, product weights and dimensions, HS codes (duty codes), among other key data points.
- Host on-boarding conference call with Drexel’s third-party EDI/API service provider, Drexel’s internal quality department and the customer (and their consultants) to automate the flow of orders and inventory control.
- Creates SOP’s, KPI’s and Work instructions and training programs and Educates the Warehouse Teams on specific customer details.
- Invoice the customer each month as approved by the Director of Operations in conjunction with the accounting team. Audit orders, pallet heights, etc. to ensure consistency with the Customer Agreement and in force 3PL rate card ensuring maximum revenue potential.
- Upsell customers on additional services where applicable.
- Create and present performance reporting and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) data to customers on a regular cadence.
- Hold customer conference calls monthly, at a minimum, to review customer results, issues and streamlining processes.
- Maintain Zoho customer ticketing tool to ensure adherence to customer needs and follow up with a goal to ensure first request resolution.
- Work with the Operations team to ensure customer service and quality control.
- In conjunction with the 3PL Sales team serve as the primary contact for each 3PL customer.
- Assist in promotional activities that encourage sales and brand awareness.
- Always provides outstanding customer service.
- Greet customers in a professional and friendly manner.
- Understands and is knowledgeable about warehousing products and services and communicates the offering effectively to customers to address their needs.
- Other duties or projects assigned.
What you need to be successful
- Provide clear direction, coaching, and guidance.
- Lead a team of people with diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills in person, on the phone and via email.
- Excellent Operations and customer experience in a fast-paced work environment.
- Self-starter willing to take on any challenge.
- Systems and Process driven.
- Conducive to change working in a fast-paced environment.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Prioritize tasks, organize workflows, and schedule (excellent time management skillsets).
- Possess creative problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to want to work in a healthy start-up culture.
- Ability to create enticing presentations effective in delivering customer messages and key analytics.
- Can use positive language while building relationships both internally and externally with customers.
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office, keyboarding, and internet savvy).
At least five years’ experience working as a customer service operations manager.
Successful candidates will need to successfully complete the following clearances
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
- Education Verification
What Drexel offers you as a team member
- Salary Range: TBD
- Benefits package, including dental, prescription and extended health benefits.
- Opportunity for advancement.
- Large opportunity for cross-training.
- Reports to the Director of Operations.
|Job type:||Full-time, permanent|
|Hours:||8:00 AM – 4:30 PM Monday to Friday|
|Office Address:||Primary Working Location: 1005 Wilton Grove RD, London, Ontario, N6N 1C9|
Sound like you? Here's how to apply
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining Drexel, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Drexel team.
Your information was successfully submitted