Department Supervisor - Jockey
Drexel is a true Canadian success story, calling London, Ontario our home town since 2011.
We’re a wholesale distribution and third-party logistics (3PL) service provider with a strong core of strategic partners. Our specialties are retail and telecommunications distribution, and e‑commerce fulfilment. Drexel connects Canadian homes to products and services that make modern life possible.
Our partners include tier one brands such as Amazon, Bell, Best Buy, Canadian Tire, Costco, Home Depot, London Drugs, Lowes, Rogers, Staples and Walmart, to name just a few.
We offer all employees a safe, supportive working environment where everyone feels comfortable and valued in their jobs. As a Drexel employee you have the opportunity to develop your own potential, and we believe in promoting from within. We’re growing! And as we grow, we want our employees to grow too, by learning new skills and taking on new challenges.
Our philosophy is that our company is only successful when its employees are successful, and we want you to love coming to work. We encourage entrepreneurial spirit and reward loyalty and performance. We know our people are our biggest asset, and we’re always on the lookout for more energetic, motivated and committed people to join our team.
We look forward to meeting you!
Drexel is looking for a Department Supervisor – Jockey to join our team.
Supervisor for our Jockey Department oversees all aspects of Shipping, Receiving, Inventory and Packaging. Reporting to the Operations Manager, works with and provides direction for warehouse teams and employees responsible for daily functions.
What you do in this role
- Schedule, coordinate and direct all staff in fulfilling daily workload.
- Oversee all functions for department and customer including order processing, picking and shipping, receiving and inventory management, quality assurance and packaging.
- Supervise staff including scheduling, training, coaching, and some HR functions.
- Collect and prepare information for reporting. Monitor results and provide, with insights, to management team.
- Communicate regularly with customers providing clear and professional contact point and solutions.
- Attend and participate in daily planning meetings with customers.
- Generate and provide quotes for packaging jobs.
- Perform and support daily duties, alongside team, as required.
What you need to be successful
- Minimum 3 years supervisor experience in a warehouse environment
- Forklift experience, reach and counterbalance
- Experience implementing Lean principals
- Experience implementing and writing SOP’s, work instructions and KPI’s
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Strong Customer service
- Strong computer skills including:
- WMS/ERP (Manhattan, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, 3PL Central)
- Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Label making software (bartender)
What Drexel offers you as a team member
Drexel offers a competitive salary according to your experience.
- $40,000 – $55,000
- Benefits package, including dental, prescription and extended health benefits
- Comfortable work environment
- Positive, collaborative atmosphere
|Job type:||Full-time, permanent|
|Hours:||Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Some overtime may be required
|Office address:||100 Kellogg Lane, London, Ontario|
Sound like you? Here's how to apply
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining Drexel, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your information was successfully submitted