Driver & Sales Associate - Simply Valet
Drexel is a true Canadian success story, calling London, Ontario our home town since 2011.
We’re a wholesale distribution and third-party logistics (3PL) service provider with a strong core of strategic partners. Our specialties are retail and telecommunications distribution, and e-commerce fulfilment. Drexel connects Canadian homes to products and services that make modern life possible.
Simply Valet, a division of Drexel Industries, is a London, Ontario-based valet self storage business working out of the historic Kellogg’s factory. Similar to traditional self storage facilities Simply Valet offers customers the flexibility of drop off or pick up from our Simply Valet associates. This service offering eliminates the need to borrow vans, trucks, or friends to travel to a storage facility.
We offer all employees a safe, supportive working environment where everyone feels comfortable and valued in their jobs. As a Drexel/Simply Valet employee, you have the opportunity to develop your own potential, and we believe in promoting from within. We’re growing! And as we grow, we want our employees to grow too, by learning new skills and taking on new challenges.
Our philosophy is that our company is only successful when its employees are successful, and we want you to love coming to work. We encourage entrepreneurial spirit and reward loyalty and performance. We know our people are our biggest asset, and we’re always on the lookout for more energetic, motivated and committed people to join our team.
We look forward to meeting you!
Simply Valet is looking for a Driver & Sales Associate to join our team.
A combined role, reporting to the Director of Operations the successful candidate will pick up, deliver, load and unload large totes, pallets and household items being moved to and from customers and Drexel’s warehouse.
Simply Valet is a self storage business located on site at Drexel Industries, with full service pickup and delivery. Coming in on the ground floor the successful candidate will be focused on customer service with a goal to fill the self storage space, maximize revenue, and ensure a quality customer experience while building the Simply Valet brand.
What you do in this role
- Safely drive a moving truck.
- Safely put away and track products in our warehouse facility.
- Oversee one additional mover to assist in the loading and unloading of customer property requiring safe transit and storage.
- Upsell customers on storing additional products.
- Educate customers on the process.
- Move large and small items alike with safety and care.
- Utilize a software system for the tracking and accurate billing of customer services.
- Work closely with the Simply Valet Operations Manager and Inside Sales team.
What you need to be successful
- Infectious positive attitude in working directly with customers.
- Ability to organize and direct a small team.
- Contentious approach to customer service and fulfilment of duties.
- Neat, clean and approachable stature.
- Ability to lift heavy items, similar to house moving.
- Intuitive use of Web-based technology.
- Previous experience in moving household items without damage.
- Maintaining compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Successful candidates will need to successfully complete the following clearances
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
- Education Verification
What Drexel offers you as a team member
Drexel offers a competitive hourly rate according to your experience, along with a benefits package.
- $17 to $18 per hour
- Benefits package, including dental, prescription and extended health benefits
- Comfortable work environment
- Positive, collaborative atmosphere
|Job type:||Full-time, permanent|
|Hours:||Monday to Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
|Office address:||100 Kellogg Lane, London, Ontario|
Sound like you? Here's how to apply
Please apply directly to Lisa Cole with your resume and cover letter in one file. Email to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants sincerely for their interest in working for Simply Valet. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Visit simplyvalet.ca for more information about our company.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Simply Valet team!
Your information was successfully submitted