National Account Manager – Sales
Drexel is a true Canadian success story, calling London, Ontario our home town since 2011.
We’re a wholesale distribution and third-party logistics (3PL) service provider with a strong core of strategic partners. Our specialties are retail and telecommunications distribution, and e‑commerce fulfilment. Drexel connects Canadian homes to products and services that make modern life possible.
Our partners include tier one brands such as Amazon, Bell, Best Buy, Canadian Tire, Costco, Home Depot, London Drugs, Lowes, Rogers, Staples and Walmart, to name just a few.
We offer all employees a safe, supportive working environment where everyone feels comfortable and valued in their jobs. As a Drexel employee you have the opportunity to develop your own potential, and we believe in promoting from within. We’re growing! And as we grow, we want our employees to grow too, by learning new skills and taking on new challenges.
Our philosophy is that our company is only successful when its employees are successful, and we want you to love coming to work. We encourage entrepreneurial spirit and reward loyalty and performance. We know our people are our biggest asset, and we’re always on the lookout for more energetic, motivated and committed people to join our team.
We look forward to meeting you!
Drexel is looking for a National Account Manager to join our team.
Drexel Industries is searching for a National Account Manager to join its retail sales team. The successful candidate will be responsible for national retail accounts, both in Canada and the USA, and will focus on inline sales to each account.
What you do in this role
- Obtain, develop and create sustainable, profitable sales programs
- Manage and grow sales at Big box stores in Canada and USA
- Search and acquire new sales accounts
- Exceed sales and Adjusted Gross Profit objectives quarter over quarter while growing share and distribution
- Develop proposals with new and existing accounts while maintaining accountability for delivering strong financial results
- Ensure Key account coverage based on agreed frequency
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs and their specialty areas to satisfy all account requirements
- Ensure clear and regular communication to internal company employees across all departments, including marketing, sales, supply chain and planning
- Actively pursue opportunities at each assigned account
- Build strong executive relationships with assigned retailers to foster long term growth
- Coordinate account & market reviews with KPIs, identification of best practices and key learnings for the market and key accounts
- Other duties as assigned
What you need to be successful
- Ability to travel within the USA and to Canada as required
- Recent sales account experience or buying experience with major big box/ecommerce retailers and or regional chains in USA/Canada
- Previous National Account and wholesale industry experience
- Excellent oral & written communication skills combined with strong organizational ability
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- University Degree in Business or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years account management experience with national retailers
What Drexel offers you as a team member
Drexel offers a comprehensive and competitive salary and benefits package.
- Base Salary + Commission + Financial Accelerators
- Car allowance
- Benefits package, including dental, prescription and extended health benefits
|Hours:||Monday to Friday|
|Office address:||Working from a home office|
Sound like you? Here's how to apply
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining Drexel, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Drexel team.
Your information was successfully submitted