Order Pickers/Shippers with Forklift experience
Drexel is a true Canadian success story, calling London, Ontario our home town since 2011.
We’re a wholesale distribution and third-party logistics (3PL) service provider with a strong core of strategic partners. Our specialties are retail and telecommunications distribution, and e‑commerce fulfilment. Drexel connects Canadian homes to products and services that make modern life possible.
Our partners include tier one brands such as Amazon, Bell, Best Buy, Canadian Tire, Costco, Home Depot, London Drugs, Lowes, Rogers, Staples and Walmart, to name just a few.
We offer all employees a safe, supportive working environment where everyone feels comfortable and valued in their jobs. As a Drexel employee you have the opportunity to develop your own potential, and we believe in promoting from within. We’re growing! And as we grow, we want our employees to grow too, by learning new skills and taking on new challenges.
Our philosophy is that our company is only successful when its employees are successful, and we want you to love coming to work. We encourage entrepreneurial spirit and reward loyalty and performance. We know our people are our biggest asset, and we’re always on the lookout for more energetic, motivated and committed people to join our team.
We look forward to meeting you!
Drexel is looking for Order Pickers/Shippers with Forklift experience to join our team.
The Order Pickers/Shippers tracks, receives, and provides quality assurance for all incoming and outgoing 3PL products. This position reports to the Warehouse Supervisor, 3PL. The facility is located at 100 Kellogg Lane in London, Ontario as well as 1005 Wilton Grove Road London, ON N6N 1C9.
What you do in this role
- Monitor incoming shipments for all Drexel customers.
- Unload trucks and sign for all incoming products. Responsible for ensuring arriving freight is in good condition and 100% accounted for on logs.
- Physically inspect the incoming product and match it to the packing list. Detailed checks are required to ensure there are no shipment errors from the vendor. All discrepancies must be reconciled with the Operations Manager promptly.
- Check and match all incoming products to existing inventory and ensure colour, UPC and packaging are correct.
- Maintain proper product put away into locations to ensure FIFO, consolidation and efficiency.
- Manage dock traffic and load and unload containers and trucks.
- Help to manage ON HOLD inventory.
- Use Microsoft Dynamics NAV, 3PL Central, carrier websites as needed.
- Investigate and reconcile receiving and inventory discrepancies.
- Ensure Warehouse is organized, tidy and hazard-free.
- Function as a member of the Receiving team, filling any roles as required.
- Coordinate warehouse cleanliness and maintenance.
- Other duties as required.
What you need to be successful
- Able to work as a team and individual when needed.
- Ability to stand for 8+ hours a day
- Can lift to 70 lbs.
- Experience with inventory and cycle counting an asset.
- Great customer service attitude.
- Fork-lift certified.
Successful candidates will need to successfully complete the following clearances
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
- Education Verification
What Drexel offers you as a team member
Drexel offers a competitive hourly rate according to your experience, along with a benefits package.
- Benefits package, including dental, prescription and extended health benefits.
- Shift: Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- Opportunity for advancement and overtime work.
- Large opportunity for cross-training.
|Job type:||Full-time, permanent|
|Office address:||100 Kellogg Lane, London, Ontario
1005 Wilton Grove Road London, Ontario
Sound like you? Here's how to apply
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining Drexel, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Drexel team.
Your information was successfully submitted