Manager, Sales & Customer Service and Operations Manager
Simply Valet is a London, Ontario based Valet Self Storage business working out of the historic Kellogg’s factory. Coming in on the ground floor the successful candidate will be focused on sales and customer service with a goal to fill the self storage space, maximize revenue, and ensure a quality customer experience while building the Simply Valet brand.
Similar to traditional self storage facilities Simply Valet offers customers the flexibility of drop off or pick up from our Simply Valet associates. This service offering eliminates the need to borrow vans, trucks, or friends to travel to a storage facility.
We are looking for energetic, motivated, and committed people to join our team. The facility is located at 100 Kellogg Lane London, Ontario. Please apply below or via email to: email@example.com
What will you do?
- Sell storage space to meet client requirements
- Promote and sell packing, moving supplies, and ancillary services.
- Provide ongoing assistance to clients in their use of storage spaces. Troubleshoot customer issues.
- Coordinate, schedule and dispatch carriers and Simply Valet staff
- Manage Simply Valet staff and day to day workload and operations
- Work closely with the Director of Operation, Director of Digital, and the Accounting team to effectively run the day to day business.
- Regularly monitor the property and rental units and while ensuring the property remains clean and accessible.
- Update client accounts.
- Collect and prepare information for daily reports
- Outgoing, customer oriented professional
- Summarizing signed 3PL Agreement once signed by the customer as completed by the sales team. Upload to the network.
- Coordinate customer onboarding including: customer creation, portal rollout and training, billing wizard setup, customer education, EDI integration, carrier setups, items setups.
- Create SOP’s, KPI’s and Work instructions and training program and Educate the Manager of Operations and Warehouse Teams.
- Invoice the customer each month as approved by the Director of Operations.
- Create and provide performance reporting, KPI data, and request forecasting data to customer on regular cadence.
- Hold customer conference calls monthly, at a minimum, to review customer results, issues, streamlining processes, etc.
- Check trouble tickets and ensure all orders are closed within the allowable KPIs. Troubleshoot outstanding issues with various internal and external team members.
- Work with the Operations team to ensure customer service and quality control.
- Serve as the primary contact for each 3PL customer.
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision.
- A good communicator with computer skills.
- Reliable transportation and flexible to work at multiple locations
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Always provide outstanding customer service.
- Greet customers in a professional and friendly manner.
- Understands and is knowledgeable about Public Storage products and services and communicates them effectively to customers to address their needs.
- Listens and responds to phone inquiries from new customers inquiring about storage or existing customer concerns or challenges, follows up on website reservations by reaching out to the customer via phone or email. All of this is done while maintaining courtesy and professionalism with every interaction.
- Sells merchandise and insurance, seeks customer online reviews and participates in other corporate marketing programs.
- Assists the Property Manager in reaching the facilities individual merchandise, occupancy and delinquency goals and promotes Public Storage best practices.
- Controls delinquencies through regular phone contact, notifications, including email and letters.
- Maintains manual and operations logs for petty cash, postage, merchandise counts, reservations, NSF cheques, etc. and completes daily bank deposits and filing as needed.
- Excellent communication skills in person and on the phone.
- Have the ability to use positive language while building relationships with new clients.
- Proficient computer skills (MS-Office, keyboarding and internet savvy).
- A valid driver’s license and daily access to a reliable vehicle.
- Travel between locations is required.
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package; we provide you with the opportunity to develop your own potential. Entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged, and success is rewarded. We operate with the philosophy that the company is successful when its employees are successful.
- Full-time; 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Base salary plus commission.
- Health benefits.
- Office address: 351 Eleanor Street
Please apply directly to Kurt Strikwerda with your resume and cover letter in one file: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Drexel, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your information was successfully submitted