A Little About Us
Our customers rely on Drexel Industries – in a world where customers expect delivery of their orders instantaneously there has never been more critical time for our partners to rely on Drexel as an integral part of the supply chain. We bring the best suppliers, logistics, customers, and product manufacturers together to create one exceptional customer and user experience. Every day we help thousands of customers live their best lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our network.
We say we’re better together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people that really makes us stand out. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Drexel connects you with opportunities, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Join the Drexel team and come help shape the future!
Drexel Industries is the perfect role for an experienced Bookkeeper that has a knack for accuracy. The bookkeeper will be working closely with the accounting team to complete a full cycle of duties and execute day to day transactional and reconciliation responsibilities.
A Typical Day may Include the Following
- Accurately recording customer invoices and payments (including charge-backs to vendors), customer collection phone calls, employee expenses, supplier invoices and payments, creating customer and vendor support files
- Reconciling bank and credit card statements and analyzing balance sheet accounts on a regular basis
- Preparing government remittances
- Preparing month and year-end working papers
- Solving accounting puzzles by researching and reconciling discrepancies and ensuring that the accounting is in good order.
- Competently using software such as Excel and Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Looking after archived records by categorizing documents
What you need to be successful
- A minimum of a college diploma in Bookkeeping, Accounting, or Business
- Strong attention to detail to deliver high quality and accurate work
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player
- Proven time management skills, balancing competing priorities to deliver on time
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including Word and Excel; desire to learn more
What’s In It for You
- Comprehensive and competitive salary
- Employee Benefits Program: Vision, Dental, Extended Healthcare, Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Critical Illness, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts
- Employee of the month Core Values initiative
- Team building events throughout the year
- Monthly birthday celebrations
- Continuous training and professional development
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Refer-a-Friend Hiring Bonus
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
We encourage all candidates with an interest in the position to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.
For more information, please visit our website at www.drexel.ca At Drexel, we believe diversity and inclusion are integral to the continued growth and success of our entire company. We believe diversity and inclusion enhances our Company’s culture and creates a sense of belonging where people feel comfortable bringing their true selves to work. This in turn promotes innovation through harnessing the variety of experiences, thoughts, and perspectives our employees have to offer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, age, or any other identifying characteristic.
Sound like you? Here's how to apply
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining Drexel, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Drexel team.
Your information was successfully submitted