Shipper/Receiver Team Leader
Drexel is a true Canadian success story, calling London, Ontario our home town since 2011.
We’re a wholesale distribution and third-party logistics (3PL) service provider with a strong core of strategic partners. Our specialties are retail and telecommunications distribution, and e‑commerce fulfilment. Drexel connects Canadian homes to products and services that make modern life possible.
Our partners include tier one brands such as Amazon, Bell, Best Buy, Canadian Tire, Costco, Home Depot, London Drugs, Lowes, Rogers, Staples and Walmart, to name just a few.
We offer all employees a safe, supportive working environment where everyone feels comfortable and valued in their jobs. As a Drexel employee you have the opportunity to develop your own potential, and we believe in promoting from within. We’re growing! And as we grow, we want our employees to grow too, by learning new skills and taking on new challenges.
Our philosophy is that our company is only successful when its employees are successful, and we want you to love coming to work. We encourage entrepreneurial spirit and reward loyalty and performance. We know our people are our biggest asset, and we’re always on the lookout for more energetic, motivated and committed people to join our team.
We look forward to meeting you!
Drexel is looking for a Shipper/Receiver Team Leader to join our team.
Shipper/Receiver Team Leader oversees all aspects of shipping, receiving, and inventory management. Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, this role works with and provides direction for employees responsible for daily functions.
What you do in this role
- Schedule, coordinate, and direct all employees in fulfilling daily workload.
- Oversee all functions for department and customer including order processing, picking and shipping, receiving and inventory management, quality assurance, and packaging.
- Ensure that all customer or vendor requirements, carrier requirements, Drexel SOP’s, KPI’s, and SLA’s are adhered to and met each day. Make decisions, problem solve and communicate with Team Members and Warehouse Supervisor as needed to accomplish this.
- Lead and supervise employees including scheduling, training, coaching, and mentoring.
- Collect and prepare information for reporting. Monitor results and provide, with insights, to management team.
- Communicates regularly with customer(s) providing clear and professional contact point and solutions.
- Develops and encourage a positive and safety conscious work environment, ensuring company and government regulations are adhered to.
- Attends and participates in planning meetings with customers.
- Audits and manages process and billing rules and results for department.
- Works with other Department Leads to flex resources as needed.
- Performs and support daily duties.
- Functions as a team member, supporting and filling any roles as required warehouse wide.
- Coordinate warehouse cleanliness and maintenance.
- Follow Company and Health & Safety policies.
- Other duties as required.
What you need to be successful
- Minimum 3 years supervisor experience in a warehouse environment.
- Forklift experience, reach and counterbalance.
- Experience implementing Lean principals.
- Experience implementing and writing SOP’s, work instructions and KPI’s.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Strong Customer service.
- Conducive to change in a large fast-paced warehouse environment.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Conflict resolution skillset.
Strong computer skills including:
- WMS/ERP (Manhattan, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, 3PL Central).
- Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Label-making software (bartender).
Successful candidates will need to successfully complete the following clearances
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
- Education Verification
What Drexel offers you as a team member
Drexel offers a competitive hourly rate according to your experience, along with a benefits package.
- Benefits package, including dental, prescription and extended health benefits
|Hours:||Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Some overtime may be required
|Salary||$40,000.00-$48,000.00 per year|
Sound like you? Here's how to apply
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining Drexel, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Drexel team.
Your information was successfully submitted