Shipper/Receiver – Warehouse Associate
Drexel is a true Canadian success story, calling London, Ontario our home town since 2011.
We’re a wholesale distribution and third-party logistics (3PL) service provider with a strong core of strategic partners. Our specialties are retail and telecommunications distribution, and e‑commerce fulfilment. Drexel connects Canadian homes to products and services that make modern life possible.
Our partners include tier one brands such as Amazon, Bell, Best Buy, Canadian Tire, Costco, Home Depot, London Drugs, Lowes, Rogers, Staples and Walmart, to name just a few.
We offer all employees a safe, supportive working environment where everyone feels comfortable and valued in their jobs. As a Drexel employee you have the opportunity to develop your own potential, and we believe in promoting from within. We’re growing! And as we grow, we want our employees to grow too, by learning new skills and taking on new challenges.
Our philosophy is that our company is only successful when its employees are successful, and we want you to love coming to work. We encourage entrepreneurial spirit and reward loyalty and performance. We know our people are our biggest asset, and we’re always on the lookout for more energetic, motivated and committed people to join our team.
We look forward to meeting you!
Drexel is looking for a Shipper/Receiver – Warehouse Associate to join our team.
We are looking for energetic, motivated, and committed people to join our warehouse team. The facility is located at 100 Kellogg Lane in London, Ontario. This position requires candidates who pay close attention to detail to ensure that shipping discrepancies do not occur and that the guidelines and needs of the customers are met. Daily workload is oriented around order volume, appointments, and requested delivery dates for all shipments.
What you do in this role
- Work primarily in our Packaging Department and provide support to other warehouse departments as required
- Pick orders from a pick ticket using a RF scanning system
- Package, rework, sticker, label, sort, build and provide Quality Assurance for customer items, cartons, packages, orders and displays
- Work in assembly line style team environment to package large orders over periods of time
- Create labels, boxes and other packaging materials as needed using software programs
- Pack orders according to a pick ticket and customer requirements
- Identify quality issues and report them to Team Lead
- Must meet KPI thresholds and expectations
- Perform audits and checks on all products to ensure customer compliance
- Other responsibilities as assigned
What you need to be successful
- Must be able to count and pack products effectively and efficiently
- RF Scanning experience is preferred
- Packaging experience preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Able to stand 8 hours at a time
- Proper PPE: Steel toed shoes
- Computer literate in Microsoft programs
- Forklift training an asset, but not required
What Drexel offers you as a team member
This is a permanent position, paying $14-16 per hour.
|Hours:||Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Some overtime may be required
|Office address:||100 Kellogg Lane, London, Ontario|
Sound like you? Here's how to apply
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to Attn: Khaleem Mohammed at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining Drexel, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Drexel team.
Your information was successfully submitted