Warehouse Maintenance Associate
Drexel is a true Canadian success story, calling London, Ontario our home town since 2011.
We’re a wholesale distribution and third-party logistics (3PL) service provider with a strong core of strategic partners. Our specialties are retail and telecommunications distribution, and e‑commerce fulfilment. Drexel connects Canadian homes to products and services that make modern life possible.
Our partners include tier one brands such as Amazon, Bell, Best Buy, Canadian Tire, Costco, Home Depot, London Drugs, Lowes, Rogers, Staples and Walmart, to name just a few.
We offer all employees a safe, supportive working environment where everyone feels comfortable and valued in their jobs. As a Drexel employee you have the opportunity to develop your own potential, and we believe in promoting from within. We’re growing! And as we grow, we want our employees to grow too, by learning new skills and taking on new challenges.
Our philosophy is that our company is only successful when its employees are successful, and we want you to love coming to work. We encourage entrepreneurial spirit and reward loyalty and performance. We know our people are our biggest asset, and we’re always on the lookout for more energetic, motivated and committed people to join our team.
We look forward to meeting you!
Drexel is looking for a Warehouse Maintenance Associate to join the warehouse team.
Drexel Industries is searching for a Warehouse Maintenance Associate to join its warehouse team at 100 Kellogg Lane, in London, Ontario. The Warehouse Maintenance Associate is responsible for the general cleanliness of the Drexel Warehouse and Office facility. There are several tasks around the warehouse & office in addition to cleaning that the Warehouse Maintenance Associate is responsible for such as health & safety assistance, pallet collection & repair, mail running, general repairs, and small maintenance projects that arise that are tasked to the warehouse maintenance team.
What you do in this role
Daily Department Walkthrough
- Empty waste & recycling bins
- Clean any messes or spills
- Wipe down and clean stations/devices
Waste & Recycling Take Out
- Consolidate all waste in the warehouse and have it brought out to our pickup containers
- Collect & Refresh Cardboard Bin
Storage Isle Walkthrough
- Clean and clear isles of any debris
- Sanitize and clean any spills
- Report any identified problems (leaks, tripping hazards, potholes)
Office & Kitchen Cleaning
- Mop floors
- Clear garbage
- Run dishwasher
- Sanitize surfaces
Warehouse & Office Maintenance
- Salting the steps and walkways leading to our facility
- Cleaning up any identified hazards
- Transporting mail & parcels from one set of offices to the other
- Small maintenance projects such as hanging boards, mounting fire extinguishers etc.
- Pallet collection & repair
What you need to be successful
- Standing for 8+ hours a day
- Must be able to lift 50-60 lbs
- Proper PPE: Steel toed shoes
- Knowledge of standard cleaning methods and procedures
- Knowledge of occupational hazards safety rules
- Background in handling, mixing and using cleaning chemicals
Successful candidates will need to successfully complete the following clearances
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
- Education Verification
What Drexel offers you as a team member
Drexel offers a competitive hourly rate according to your experience, along with a benefits package.
- $14.00 to $17.00 per hour
- Benefits package, including dental, prescription and extended health benefits
|Job type:||Full-time, permanent|
|Office address:||100 Kellogg Lane, London, Ontario|
Sound like you? Here's how to apply
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining Drexel, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Drexel team.
Your information was successfully submitted